English is without any doubt one of the most important languages of the world, as the mainly established international language for science, commerce, technology and business.
English lessons help both in personal and professional level, becoming a key component of the curriculum vitae, allowing communication with millions of people around the world and giving the possibility to evolve in a modern academic or working environment that most of the times involves and requires communication in a foreign language, such as English. The program of EMFASIS prepares you to succeed in the formal exams of English acquiring the certification you are interested in.
The program includes six levels according to the ones specified by the Common European Reference Framework for Languages (CEFR). (link to the table below).
According to an on-line placement test, you will be assigned to the appropriate level, depending on your own knowledge.
1st level beginners
2nd level elementary
3rd level pre-intermediate
4th level intermediate
5th level upper-intermediate
6th level advanced
Read More FCE is a language certificate issued by the University of Cambridge after exams. It covers communication skills in main aspects and its acquisition is already necessary and compulsory in the scientific and professional area. Equivalent certificates: ECCE of Michigan, KPG B2, TOEIC (score 505-780) and PTE Level 3. Preparation time: 8 months on average. Of course, it depends on the interest and the efforts made by each individual student.
Read More CAE is another language certificate issued by the University of Cambridge after exams. The acquisition of this certificate proves a high level of English knowledge for people who use English in their jobs or studies. Equivalent certificates: ALCE of Michigan, KPG C1, TOEIC (score 787-900) and PTE Level 4.
Read More CPE is a language issued by the University of Cambridge. It corresponds to the knowledge of English at a university level and is recognized by the majority of British universities, but also internationally, as proof of proficiency in this language. The acquisition of CPE also offers the possibility of obtaining a license to teach English. An equivalent degree that also gives the same benefits is the ECPE, issued by the University of Michigan. With the PTE Level 5 certificate, a high level of knowledge is certified but with no sufficiency to get the teaching license. For more information address to the site of the British Council …
Read More The IELTS consists of 4 parts:
- Listening Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
Read More TOEFL - iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language-Internet Based Test) TOEFL certifies the knowledge of the candidate in English in order to be enrolled in university or postgraduate programs of English-speaking universities in Greece or abroad. Since July 2006, the specific tests are conducted only on computers (internet-based test) and last about 4 hours. English knowledge at an FCE level or higher is considered to be a prospect for success. Candidates are examined in 4 sections:
- In the Reading Section, candidatesreadthree to fivetext passages of a text and answerto questions. The examiners checktheirability to identifythe correctwriting style in English. The testlasts15-20 minutes.
- In the Listening Section, candidates listen to 4-6lecturesand thenreply to questions.
- In the Speaking Section, candidates replyto questionsregardingtheir personalexperiences and to fourquestions abouttext passagesthey listen toorreadduringthe test.
- In the Writing Section, candidates prepare a text by answeringtwo questions. One of them concernsanexcerpt of a textanda lecture;the second one refers to a general
- In theSpeakingandWriting sections, some tasksincorporateorincludelanguage skills. Forexample,the candidate mayread apassage of a text, listen to a lecture, and then, he/she has to write or speakabout them.
Read More TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) is a language certificate, which enables the candidate to communicate efficiently in the international labor market. It corresponds, depending on the score obtained by the examinee, in moderate, good, very good and excellent knowledge of the English language. Examinations take place once a week (on Thursdays). Those interested must register by completing an application, about two weeks ago. The exam includes 200 multiple-choice questions and is divided in the following 2 parts:
- Listening Comprehension (100 questions) Duration: 45 minutes Grade: 5-495
- Reading comprehension (100 questions)
- Moderateknowledge of the Englishlanguage:405-500
- Goodknowledge of the Englishlanguage:505-780
- Very goodknowledge of the Englishlanguage:785-900
- Excellentknowledge of the Englishlanguage:905or more
Read More Regarding learning of foreign languages for professional or business purposes, EMFASIS prepares special programs of courses for professional English in the field of medicine and business, as stated below:
- Professional Medical English
- Professional Business English
In EMFASIS, we constantly look for new reading material and we inform the sources from which we derive issues, so as our students to be fully prepared to understand unfamiliar texts on the “critical” day of the examinations and, in general, to get a more complete picture of the culture and the people of the specific country.
The fees are determined according to the type of the course and the number of teaching hours, as well as the number of the students in a particular class. Payments are made per month, followed by a corresponding voucher issued by EMFASIS. The Administrator of Business Programs is in constant contact with our customers to inform them, to settle any details and to resolve any problems.
THE STUDENT IS NEVER ALONE. WE ARE ALWAYS BESIDE HIM/HER
We offer special prices for all adult categories and special discounts to our old students. Additional discount on payment in advance.